fire guts a section of the administrative building of the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, in Ile-Ife, Osun State. Fire Fighters Magazine gathered.
The fire incident was reported to have occurred on 19/8/2020 at about 1:15 p.m.
There was no major damage from the fire and no one was injured, as at the time of filling this report.
The Ooni’s Chief Security Officer, Kolawole Emmanuel and his team were joined by officials of the fire service units from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife to contain the inferno.
The Director of Media and Publicity in the palace, Moses Olafare, when contacted, confirmed the incident and said the fire was suspected to have been caused by an electric spark, stating that measures are ongoing to confirm the cause of the incident, he said.
“The Palace of the Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, use the occasion to wish and inform the entire public that a minor fire outbreak involving a tiny part of one of the administrative buildings within the premises of the palace occurred at about 1:15 p.m. today, Wednesday 19th, August 2020, leaving no harm to the oldest palace in Yoruba land,” Mr Olafare said in a statement and signed to reporters.