The presidential wing of the state house has been gutted by fire, Mrs Sandra Huan Ugo the spoke person of the Federal Fire Service, confirm to Fire Fighters Magazine correspondent that there was a minor fire out break at the state house store of the presidential villa on the 4/6/2020.
Speaking to Fire Fighters Magazine, Ugo said, we had a call this afternoon from the state house through our control room of the Federal Fire Service that there is a fire incident at the state house store and fire fighters quickly turn out with the already stationed personnel of fire fighters stationed at the presidential villa.
And on the spot assessment at the incident scene reveals that the fire out break recorded was minor. Eyewitness said the fire occur at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity in a statement he signed said, the incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead before the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.
Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded, Garba Shehu said.